My Personal Statement of Faith
When choosing a Christian or faith-based counselor or mentor, faith matters. I want to be transparent as reasonably possible where I stand in terms my own personal faith walk.
- I believe the Bible to to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- I believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- I believe Jesus Christ is God
- I believe that we were created in God’s image to know Him and have relationship with Him. However, we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death, and judgement entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- I believe that we are all born sinners and under God’s just condemnation. There is nothing we can do in our own strength to save ourselves. We must place our personal faith and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior in order to be saved. When we place our trust in Christ, God declares us righteous and adopts us as children. God comes to dwell within us through the Holy Spirit, and we become a new person, growing in holiness and persevering in our faith.
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. I believe He was fully God who made Himself fully man.
- We are saved by God’s grace, through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- Anyone can be restored to fellowship with God through repenting, believing, and receiving Jesus as their Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit, convicts, regenerates, justifies, and adopts us as we enter the kingdom of God as His sons and daughters. It is not through works that we are saved, but through grace.
- I believe that a life surrendered to God as Lord of our lives changes us and brings fruit in our lives. Jesus is the vine and we are the branches, we are called to be rooted to Him, to be in Him, and to have relationship with Him. (John 15)
- I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who convicts, restores, comforts, reveals, and empowers the believer in his/her walk.